In our previous post we promised that we would recommend some beaches in Barcelona and surroundings, so let's start!
Our first spot is Ocata Beach. It's located in El Masnou, a nice coast town. It's a huge beach, with a lot of light. Actually is one of my favorite beaches, and that's why:
- Reachable in public transport
- You can have your own space, being a huge beach you can for sure lay in your towel without hearing what are your neighbors talking about (although sometimes that's also interesting ;))
- It's a really long beach so, when you are tired of the sun you can take a cool walk.
- The water is CLEAN. Yes, that's very important, I don't know if you have checked out some of the beaches in Barcelona, but in some of them it's better not looking under the water.
- If you don't want to have a picnic in the beach (that means if you are not a fan of eating sandy sandwiches) there's a lot of "chiringuitos" (that's the word we use for small bars in the beach) in the surroundings that you can check out.
How to get there: Just take the R1 from Catalonia square, and go down in Ocata Station.
Vamos a la playa and don't forget you sunblock!